10 Top Tips for a Fresh Start to 2021
10 Tips to a Fresh Start for 2021
It’s going to be a FUN year.
We are sure you agree it’s great to have a New Year to make a fresh, new start.
To help you with planning your year we have included our top 10 tips to step into 2021 well-prepared. Within a month you will look and feel healthier!!!
- Family and friends – Nurture important relationships. Humans are social creatures and maintaining positive, constructive relationships are often more important to lasting happiness than wealth.
- Reduce processed foods and eat fresh. Buy fresh vegetables, fruit, meat and seafood as the bulk of your diet and most of these foods do not have labels on them. Leave your purchases with labels for laundry and bathroom purchases!!!
- Emotional wellbeing. We all have “off days”. If you can recognise that it’s OK to not feel great all the time, not to be judgemental or use negative self-talk on yourself, then that’s a great way to look after your emotional well-being. Some self-help ideas include: Spend time daily or weekly visualising your best self, how you want to live your life, both short-term and long-term. You may prefer to journal daily, writing down your specific goals that are meaningful to you, when you want to achieve them and how you will look and feel each time.
- Sleep well. There is nothing that a good night’s sleep won’t fix. One of the most crucial things we can do to reduce stress and help with weight loss and weight management is to manage our sleep.
- Hydration keeps our bodies and minds functioning. Water and other fluids affect body functions associated with weight loss including metabolism, thirst, waste, bowel movements and appetite.
- Sunscreen and moisturise. Our skin is the largest organ on our body, and hydration and eating fresh foods adds a glow to our skin. Don’t forget to use sunscreen when outside and a good moisturiser. A weekly body scrub will make you feel like a million dollars$$$$.
- Take the time to boost your mood with cardio exercise. Add some huffing and puffing exercise to your weekly exercise routine. It may include stair climbing, running and/or walking intervals, circuit training or HIIT training. Great for boosting your mood and reducing anxiety.
- Activity and Movement are a Must. Our bodies are made to move so find what you enjoy doing and make this a daily habit. Mix it up to reduce boredom and have fun. Walking, bike-riding, dancing, walking the dog, push-ups, chin ups, yoga, gym, swimming, the list is endless!!
- Relaxation, Meditation or Breathing – Benefits may include reduced stress and blood pressure, anxiety and depression, and helps with getting a good nights sleep.
- To create new lasting healthy habits. There is no short cut to making lasting habit change, so choose one or two and start small. Depending on the habit you want to change: pick a time of day to focus on this new habit, or a certain place where you perform this new habit, and just do it daily until you no longer need to think about doing it.
We hope you enjoy these 10 Tips for a FAB 2021.
If you need extra help, support or accountability then our 8 week online program could be just what you’re looking for.